Job: Health Improvement Nurse Specialist
This posting has expired and is no longer available.
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
EXEMPT POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position: Health Improvement Nurse Specialist Job Code: 037112 Min Salary: 50000
Reports To: Date: 9/12/2011
Division: Enterprise Med Mgmt (0047) Company: ABCBS
Position Specific Requirements: None
Under the general direction of The Supervisor, Health Improvement, the Health Improvement Nurse Specialist provides assistance in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating enterprise-wide comprehensive Health Education Programs; provides technical and in-service training; conducts enterprise-wide and employee health education needs assessments; provides the day-to-day delivery of established programs and performs related work as required.
Nature & Scope
In order to enable the company to meet the health education needs of its members the Health Improvement staff of EMM must have an intrinsic drive to achieve goals and improve upon prior accomplishments while adapting to ever-changing health information and health care resources available to the members.
The Health Improvement Nurse Specialist provides multiple deliverables, both to internal and external customers. The incumbent must be detail-oriented with exceptional organization skills, personal computer skills, clear and concise communication skills, and data management skills. Confidentiality is required in all work situations.
The Health Improvement Nurse Specialist reports to the Health Improvement Supervisor and also receives guidance from the Manager, Health Improvement. Corporate policy and procedure also guide the employee.
Maintenance of a fast-paced workload, management of multi-tasks, coordinating efforts among internal and external customers and departments, while responding to requests with timely and quality customer service. This requires a constant realignment of priorities and analysis of workflow and procedures.
Knowledge and Skills Needed for the Position:
• Effective interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a team environment with a minimum of supervision
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
• Skill in presenting information in group settings
• Ability to organize and prioritize work, analyze problems, develop solutions and communicate solutions, recognizing when supervisor or other additional input is needed
• Ability to make decisions based on facts, intuition, or experience, and assume the responsibility for those decisions
• Possess ability for attention to extreme level of detail and accuracy.
• Ability to organize and coordinate multi-task workloads for maximum efficiency
• Skill in leading and coordinating the work of others
• Knowledge of training methods and group dynamics
• Ability to work in a self-directed team environment
• Flexibility in performing job duties
• Must be highly motivated and able to perform job duties with minimal supervision
• Ability to compose grammatically correct, professionally written communication
• Ability to use professional etiquette as well as to speak correctly in a professional manner at all times
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of Health Education.
• Ability to identify and communicate needed process changes to supervisor
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of health behavior change theories and their application.
• Working knowledge of MS Office—Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Minimum Job Requirements
Required Experience and Education:
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in health education or a closely related field.
Arkansas Registered Nurse license and in good standing with clinical practice experience.
Full time experience in health education required.
Experience in making presentations in business settings required.
This position is identified as level three (3). This position must ensure the security and confidentiality of records and information to prevent substantial harm, embarrassment, inconvenience, or unfairness to any individual on whom information is maintained. The integrity of information must be maintained as outlined in the company Administrative Manual.
Segregation of Duties
Segregation of duties will be used to ensure that errors or irregularities are prevented or detected on a timely basis by employees in the normal course of business. This position must adhere to the segregation of duties guidelines in the Administrative Manual.
PRINCIPAL ACTIVITIES OR ACCOUNTABILITIES (Essential Functions of Job)
Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Assessing and determining priority areas for member and employer group need for health
• Selecting valid sources of information about health needs and interests.
• Utilizing computerized sources of health-related information,
• Employing or developing appropriate data-gathering instruments, and
• Applying survey techniques to acquire health data.
• Investigating physical, social, emotional, and intellectual factors influencing health behaviors.
• Identifying behaviors that tend to promote or compromise health.
• Recognizing the role of learning and affective experience in shaping patterns of health behavior.
• Seeking ideas and opinions of those who will affect, or be affected by the program.
• Inferring need for health education on the basis of obtained data by
analyzing needs assessment data.
II. Planning effective health education program interventions by:
• Formulating appropriate and measurable program objectives
• Determining the range of health information requisite to a given program of instruction.
• Organizing the subject areas comprising the scope of a program in logical sequence.
• Recruiting community organizations, resource people and potential participants for support and assistance in program interventions.
• Analyzing legal aspects, feasibility and other considerations influencing choices among interventions.
• Determining standards of performance to be applied as criteria of effectiveness.
III. Implementing Health Education Programs by:
• Exhibiting competence in carrying out planned educational programs.
• Providing day-to-day delivery of established programs
• Plan and organize work to meet schedules and timelines.
• Communicate orally and in writing in a clear, concise manner, tailoring the message to the intended audience.
• Follow enterprise/departmental/divisional policies and procedures.
• Collaborate with and provide technical assistance and advice to regional staff and community and employer groups regarding the Health Education Programs.
• Participates and assists in Enterprise Employee Wellness initiatives as assigned.
• Participates and assists in Employer Wellness initiatives as assigned.
• Assists the division on meeting budgetary allowances, ensuring that all tasks are completed by the assigned target dates and within the cost estimates.
• Becomes knowledgeable of company functions to the level necessary to accomplish assigned tasks and adheres to corporate and regular business systems standards and policies.
• Ensures that the supervisor is adequately informed concerning the status of all assigned tasks.
IV. Evaluating Effectiveness of Health Education Programs by:
• Select appropriate methods for evaluating program effectiveness.
• Compare actual program activities with the stated objectives.
• Assess the relevance of existing program objectives to current needs.
• Appraise applicability of resources and materials relative to given educational objectives.
• Translate evaluation results into terms easily understood by others.
• Infer implication fro findings for future program planning, and
• Recommend strategies for implementing results of the evaluation.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of the health education programs within assigned areas of responsibility, using pre and post program data to measure a programs’ effectiveness against pre-established goals and objectives.
• Ensures that a cooperative and productive climate is maintained with all user division contacts.
Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield Jobs
This company does not have more jobs