Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Executive-Little Rock, AR
at Alere Medical
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: REQ18100230
Position Title: Account Executive
Location: Little Rock, AR
DO WORK THAT MATTERS
At Abbott, diverse ideas, perspectives, and expertise allow us to create the life-changing solutions that help people live healthier lives. In 150 countries and with businesses spanning nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices, and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott offers you enormous opportunities to explore your interests and help you achieve your career and personal goals.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Account Executive within our Abbott Rapid Diagnostics business located in Little Rock, AR. In this role, you will be responsible for establishing and achieving Identified sales goals for the Toxicology portfolio. Sales goals and objectives for these products will be assigned to a territory in support of the Company's overall strategic plan. The position is primarily focused on specific markets and customers as directed by the Company. As required to support Company priorities, this focus can be modified and/or expanded to include other markets and customers.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics (formerly Alere) is part of Abbott's Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
- Identify sales opportunities within the Toxicology customer base and capitalize/upsell existing customers.
- Establish, develop, maintain and grow the existing and new business and client relationships.
- Execute strategic development of POC Sales opportunities within the Toxicology customer base.
- Implement sales, marketing and national account programs as directed by Abbott management.
- Identify opportunities for growth throughout the entire ONE Alere portfolio; develop strong working relationships with all colleagues within territory and Region
- Build and maintain a strong competitive product knowledge
- Contribute to the region's growth by understanding the Toxicology's objectives and goals
- Meet established sales goals and objectives while maintaining territory budget.
- Plan, coordinate and manage the sales performance of the distributor sales force(s) in the assigned territory. Train and develop these sales force(s) to establish and maintain the ability to effectively represent Alere products in the marketplace.
- Support distribution partners in the sale of products, including training, sales meetings, technical expertise, and marketing support of the Alere product lines and distributor private branded products.
- Act as a resource for contract negotiation, pricing, proposal, bid preparation and all customer follow-up.
- Identify customer issues and resolve sales related difficulties.
- Maintain selling expenses and submit timely and accurate expense reports while adhering to all corporate guidelines.
- Timely response to customer needs (e.g., return voicemail messages daily, follow up on requests, and coordinate with internal resources).
- Must be able to travel at least 50% of the time. Overnight travel as necessary to complete business requirements.
- Develop and submit sales reports, expense reports and forecasts and other required documents or reports as requested. Must actively participate in utilizing Salesforce.com (CRM).
- Monitor market, customer and competitor trends and advise management on methods to improve company competitiveness. Support sales team success through active sharing of ideas, techniques and approaches.
- Demonstrate ability to exceed sales goals, provide leadership within the sales and marketing organization and support marketing initiatives.
- Assist marketing and sales management in the development and implementation of new sales strategies, tactics and tools for new market opportunities.
- Provide regular sales reports, forecasts and communication updates to sales management.
- Maintain a superior level of knowledge of the application and technologies related to Company products to assure accurate representation to the marketplace.
- Follow standard Technical Services procedures for documenting, identifying, and reporting to Alere Technical Service any customer product complaints and ensure customer satisfaction of resolution.
- Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company's policies and procedures.
- Identify and qualify Toxicology product opportunities
- Work in a team environment to assist with Toxicology customer.
- Manage expenses and submit timely and accurate expense reports while adhering to all corporate guidelines
- Up to 50% overnight travel; as necessary to complete business requirements
- Carry out duties in compliance with established business policies
- Complete periodic training modules as required
- Exhibit professional behavior with both internal and external business associates that reflects positively on the Company and is consistent with the Company's policies and practices.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
To be considered an applicant for this position you must show how you meet the basic qualifications of the job in a resume or document you upload, or by completing the work experience and education application fields. Accepted file types are Microsoft Word (DOC or DOCX), PDF, HTML, or TXT.
- 3-5 years' experience in medical devices, health care diagnostics or laboratory services
- Salesforce or other CRM experience
- Overnight travel as required
- BA/BS degree
- Additional training in laboratory services, laboratory product sales, and the diagnostic industry
- Proven track record of successfully managing clients and/or accounts on long term basis
- Demonstrated ability to recognize and capitalize on opportunities within existing customers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in all MS Office applications (Excel and Power Point, a must)
- Business Acumen
- Drive for Results
- Technical Learning
- Strategic Agility
- Change Management
- Time Management
At Abbott, we're committed to helping people live their best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the world -- in nutrition, diagnostics, medical devices and branded generic pharmaceuticals -- that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life. Today, 99,000 of us are working to help people live not just longer, but better, in the more than 150 countries we serve.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to email@example.com.