Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Housekeeping - House Person
at Casablanca Hotel, Resort, Casino, Golf and Spa
# of openings:
JOB TITLE: House Person
STARTING RATE: $8.50
MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENT: 16 years old
JOB SUMMARY: Strip dirty linen and remove garbage from hotel guest rooms and buildings/floors. Maintain the appearance of all guest use areas of the Hotel clean and presentable. Maintain the condition of rooms and buildings/floors by reporting maintenance issues. Understand and comply with all department policies and procedures and OSHA regulations. This is a labor position. This job summary is applicable for all Mesquite Gaming Properties.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS: Quality control, customer relations and ability to follow procedures required. This position requires excellent multi-tasking and organizational skills. Must be able to understand and follow verbal directions. Must be able to read, write, and communicate clearly in English. Must be able to work any shift, weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keep building/floors and maid carts free of dirty linen, garbage and blood-borne pathogens.
- Maintain organization, cleanliness, and appearance of all work area including guest use areas of hotel (buildings/floors).
- Remove all garbage from buildings/floors.
- Report maintenance related issues in order to maintain rooms in good condition.
- Maintain all equipment on a daily basis.
- Clean guest rooms as needed and/or instructed by management.
- Other job related duties as assigned and instructed by management.
CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPECTATIONS:
- Give accurate directions, guiding the guest if needed.
- Tell the guest to “have fun” and “come again”.
- Tell about the properties and amenities to encourage the guest to have fun.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work requires extensive and repetitious physical exertion, bending or kneeling repeatedly, lifting, pulling and pushing moderately heavy objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment involves everyday risks and discomforts typical of smoke filled environments and pet accommodated environments. Work takes place indoors and outdoors, regardless of weather and in extreme weather conditions when outdoors, e.g., heat in the summer. Use of safe work practices required.