INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst - UK & Ireland
at INTUITIVE SURGICAL, INC.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 180824
Position's Objective & Summary:
Under the supervision of the UK & Ireland Finance & Sales Operations (FSO) Senior Manager, the UKI Business Analyst queries the company's systems to develop meaningful business insights that help guide strategic decisions, increase sales results and enhance the sales structure. He/she runs the Territory Design, Quota setting and Segmentation/Targeting process. He/she contributes to managing the regional P&L.
This is a hands-on and highly analytical role involving the manipulation of large data sets, a keen understanding of sales concepts, and the ability to communicate and develop meaningful work relationships with multiple business partners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide detailed and actionable analysis to the sales organization to drive performance.
- Use internal data (e.g. volume of procedures, surgeons training activity, deals pipeline) and external data (e.g. market sizing, number of working days) to develop, articulate, and defend analytical positions.
- Partner with marketing and training groups to interpret historic results and market dynamics to forecast future trends, market potential, and available market share.
- Report on financial and sales performance, prepare analyses for regular leadership reviews (e.g. weekly sales reporting, quarterly leadership package, GM dashboard)
- Under the supervision of the UKI FSO Senior Manager, develop sales quotas for sales personnel using established guidelines to allocate targets. Track performance towards attainment.
- In cooperation with Sales Management, design sales territories using established guidelines to structure quarterly account alignments.
- Drive local segmentation and targeting.
- Monitor and report on individual performance within the sales team
- Contribute to spending and resource planning: support annual budget discussion with relevant analyses, approve expenses (PR).
- Help the UKI FSO Sr manager manage regional P&L (e.g. monthly close, forecast, variances analysis)
- Participate to cross functional-teams to investigate and resolve operational issues
- Use analytical skills to verify or dispel anecdotal insights
- Prioritize requests and deliver upon stakeholder expectations
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (Master's degree preferred) in Economics, Finance, Engineering or related discipline.
- 5 years of demonstrated progressive experience in business development, data and financial analysis, and related project management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required; some experience with data query/data management tools required (Access, SQL, Business Objects).
- Strong analytical skills. Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to discern consistently strategic insights from data analysis.
- Ability to support and prioritize multiple projects concurrently. Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, including the ability to interact with senior leadership
- This role requires extensive travel to Switzerland and US during the initial training phase (~3 months) then approx. 10% travel
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Strong understanding of financial processes and accounting background.
- Experience within the medical / pharmaceutical environment is a plus.